The volume of rain frequently makes some homes suffer from damp and mold problems on their internal walls. The high humidity enables the fungus to grow well and quick. Generally a mold would grow in the wet area, specifically in humid areas and you can find molds commonly on walls, particularly on the walls of the bathroom and in basements. This happens because the fungus will form spores when they reproduce, so it would move in the air, and spread throughout the area. Since the ventilation is poor, this problem will dissolve, so that the damp wall will be difficult to dry, even though the original water source has been repaired. This is the reason why molds can spread in walls. Besides, the most common causes are a high humidity, condensation, and a water leak. This can be a huge problem, because water leakage is frequently hidden and hard to find.
So, what is mold and mildew?
Mildew and mold are both fungi. In terms of color and physics, mildew looks grayish-white and may turn brown in time to time, dissimilar with mold that usually looks blurry or slimy. These appear as disorganized shaped spots with different colors – blue, green, yellow, brown, gray, black, or white. Also, the mold surface is usually covered by the mold begins to rot.
Human daily activities such as bathing, cleaning, cooking and even fish tanks and indoor plants frequently cause dampness in the air and end up to mold. It is no exception to new building that is being built, because it can also be affected.
So if you have found mold in one area that we mentioned above, it is important to manage a thorough cleaning to make sure that they won’t be found in other place in your house. Did you know that a hidden fungus is able to make you ill? Damp and mold can make you more likely having the respiratory infections, allergies and asthma. Mold can also bring a negative impact to your sleep.
Understanding the enemy
As already stated above, black mold is clearly not good for your health. They can cause respiratory problems and some allergies and asthma, and it can also affect the immune system. There are many different color varieties of mold like green and black as common types of mold. When it turns to black mold, it would be riskier than other type. This black mold is known as ‘toxic black mold’ or ‘stachybotrys’, which can make people experience various symptoms.
Removing the mold from your house
It is true that this problem requires a professional worker who can get rid of the mold completely, because touching or moving a mold can cause a larger number of harmful spores that could be released in the air.
But there are other ways that you can do to sweep it yourself in a step by step process by using the warm water with a mild soap brand. However, it is essential to wear protective gears; a proper care should be taken to protect one’s hand and eyes while removing the black mold. Then, pour the mixture into a spray bottle and apply to the walls that contain the mold. You can use a brush or sponge to sweep the wall completely. Another simple short-term method is to eradicate mold and nasty marks on the wall with bleach. Note to note, if this method really wants to be done, remember to wear thick clothes (as long as you don’t mind being destroyed) and the other protective gears such as rubber gloves and a face guard because it could be dangerous to inhale.
- Just mix one part bleach with four parts water.
- Use a damp cloth and rub gently until it disappears.
- Then, use a soft cloth to dry the area.